Sunday, January 4, 2009

All my friends are doing it!

I have felt some pressure from the Spirit to ponder on my life and make a New Years resolution. There is something that makes me cringe when I think of New Years Resolutions. I really don't like them at all. I don't make them, due mainly to the fact that I really don't like failure and it seems no one ever sticks to their NYR. I do however set small goals throughout the year, but I now feel it is time to get serious and at the same time real with myself. I loved my cousins Amberly's new area of focus for the year, obedience. I was tempted to just copy and paste her blog entry into mine. Nope, that won't work, so I am going to keep pondering and praying on what my (gritting my teeth as I type) New Years Resolution, yuck will be. Just wondering what your NYR is.

4 comments:

Amberly said...

ok, this is the trick... don't call it a resolution! that is not a happy word! call it an area of focus or something new you're working on... more general. your word will come to you, just be open to the promptings that come to you in the next little while. I can't wait to see what you decide on!

Stephen & Kendra said...

I tried not eating candy or sweets for a month. It lasted 4 days, the same 4 days that I was potty training Katelyn. Teresa said her kids are cranky when they are on sugar, well I am cranky when I am off. Ha.

Mary Callister said...

Last year, my resolution was to loose weight and to make $50,000 by Dec. 31st. Well I lost 10 pounds by using Weight Watchers. I signed up to sell Silpada jewelry to make extra money. I still have the ongoing goal to make $50,000 in one year. I will keept that goal until I make it. I have 20 more pounds to go. So, if you make a lofty goal, just set little ones along the way. Always set your sights high, then you will make some sort of progress - I try to dream as big as I can, knowing that someone somewhere is living the dream and it is possible for me to do too.

Mary Callister said...

How do I change the word, "Keept"? ha ha.